[Asterisk-Users] [RANT] Today's possible problems with Broadvoice????

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Mon Aug 2 13:59:26 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Kohlsmith" <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Today's possible problems with Broadvoice????

> On Monday 02 August 2004 16:20, Brian McManus wrote:
> > For the record, That wasn't the intent of my post, he did ask if there
> > were alternatives, and I mentioned there are alternatives.
>
> It was the intent of my post; There have been what, 50 messages about
> Broadvoice being down on this list?  It's entirely offtopic.  Take it to
> -biz, this list is busy enough without constant "status reports" about one
> particular VOIP provider, especially one which doesn't seem to have it
shit
> together and (unless I am mistaken) does nothing to support Asterisk.
>
> -A.

I'm sorry, I have to say something here, it's been driving me crazy...

Grant you, e-mails that are sent to the list to bitch and moan about BV
being down and I'm gonna take my business somewhere else... those don't
belong in this list, those don't even belong in -biz... I'd be surprised if
ANYONE would read those... But the e-mails for help or to ask if anyone else
is having trouble I believe are warranted until we get a separate list JUST
FOR PROVIDERS...

I would remind you that bitching and moaning about people posting to the
list about their providers are equally as useless and even more annoying
especially since you don't use a separate thread for your bitching, you add
it to a support thread...

Several people in this list, including myself, have tried to take our time
to help those of us who use BV to get it working. If you don't want to help
and just want to bitch about people posting suggestions and/or help you know
what you can do with your e-mails...

I think it's great that while BV doesn't support asterisk directly they do
their damndest to make it work for those of us who use it, especially James
because they DON'T HAVE TO...

This list is about helping people who use * IN WHATEVER CONFIGURATION THEY
USE IT IN to get it to work and to want to use it as their PBX solution
whatever that may be...

I'm sorry if this post upsets you, I have probably alienated myself from the
list now and will never get help again, but I am so frustrated with people
putting people down and bitching at others for what they post.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

    -Chris