[Asterisk-Users] Selling asterisk-based solutions

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Mon Aug 2 08:28:18 MST 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, David Gurr wrote:
> I'm curious as to folks experiences in selling asterisk-based solutions.
> In sales-speak, what are the common "compelling reasons to buy"?

Those are good reasons, but one compelling reason is that it's pretty
inexpensive to set up a system. We sell Avaya systems, mostly Partner.
They are one of the least expensive systems to buy and install, but it
still runs at least $400/station with voice mail. The last asterisk
install I did had a couple pots lines, a nufone account for outbound LD, a
couple grandstream phones, and was about $1k, not including the server. It
didn't take long to set up and I can administer it from my office.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent