[Asterisk-Users] Does anyone know how to use the DND feature oc Cisco 7940/7960

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sun Aug 1 07:30:15 MST 2004

Daniel Niasoff [asterisk at expesys.co.uk] wrote:
> I have looked at cisco docs and it says DND is set by pressing the
> services button and choosing DND. Does anyone know how to configure DND
> in the services.xml file. I've googled around and not found anything.
>
> When you enable it in SIPDefault.cnf it just allows you to use it once.

Disable it in SIPDefault.conf.  That just sets the default DnD state
upon boot.

I have a 7960, so I can't speak for the 7940.  They're probably the
same.  To enable DnD type the following sequence:

    Settings, 6, Yes, Save, Back

It's easy enough because Yes, Save and Back are right next to each
other.  You'll get the hang of it after a while.  To disable, press
the DND softkey that's magically appeared at position 4.  Why couldn't
that have been there in the first place?

At least you can easily see when "Do not disturb" is in effect.  You'll
see what I mean when you enable it.

DnD is my friend.  I use it a lot. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz