[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk missing DTMF tones from some cell phones

Fri Apr 30 21:57:57 MST 2004

While most cell phones are fine, some cell phones don't seem to produce
DTMF digits that Asterisk/Zapata will detect.  One of our salespeople
has an AT&T model that never gets any digits through.

Is there a known solution?

I understand, of course, that with cell phones the DTMF tones are
actually created at the base, and that pressing the key longer usually
does not result in longer tones.

I have seen
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-February/037319.html

             -Bryce

PS: I'm actually using the http://www.mipl.org browser, which does
    zap_getdtmf(zap,1,NULL,0,0,0,ZAP_HOOKEXIT), etc.