FW: [Asterisk-Users] spandsp...can't compile *

Darryl Ross spam at afoyi.com
Fri Apr 30 10:23:26 MST 2004

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the follow up!

>Did you get it to compile?  I saw another post giving some more specific
>help.

I did actually get it to compile in the end, with the help of someone on
the IRC channel, but it doesn't seem to be able to handshake with the
originating fax machine, so I'm not sure what is wrong there.

I have set up a fax extension on *15 on my local asterisk system and
when I call it I can hear the fax greeting tone.

I tried getting a friend to send me a test fax, but his multifunction
centre couldn't handshake with the softfax. He made a comment that it
sounded like the softfax was generating the tones too fast.

I've tested it with another fax machine (also an MFC device) and a
Rockwell modem sending from Windows XP, but they none of them seem to be
able to handshake.

I have an isdn4linux card as my ISDN card, does the spandsp suite only
work with Zap channels?

Actually, I might CC this back to the mailing list, to see if anyone
else has any ideas...

Thanks!
Darryl