[Asterisk-Users] IAX Example Needed

willy at yponeinc.com willy at yponeinc.com
Fri Apr 30 05:05:41 MST 2004

All,
OK -- I figured it out
> ...  Both boxes have a fixed IP address, and use standard
> port 5036, say a1.mystrx.com and a2.mystrx.com.
Firstly: both boxes are behind a NAT firewall.  Since IAX
uses a single port, we need to forward that port to the
correct box.  Guess what, it is NOT 5036. The port for IAX2
(current default) is 4569 NO MATTER WHAT your port=xxxx
statement says in the [general] section
Secondly: simplify iax.conf
Since both hosts are fixed, no authentication is required
apparently.
  [iax-a2]
  type=friend
  context=inbound-calls ; to allow a2 to call in to me
  ; username=iax   ; not required
  ; secret=secret  ; not required
  host=a2.mystrx.com
Hope this helps someone.