[Asterisk-Users] Re:Can´t compile the source!

Hannes Bischof maruu at gmx.de
Fri Apr 30 04:19:29 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

>I would be pretty certain of that. Try downloading and compiling any
>software that takes more than a few minutes.

>It is possible though that you have some form of memory to cpu mismatch
>that only shows up under severe usage. My home workstation is in that
>kind of problem now. I upgraded the motherboard and CPU but now they are
>too fast for the memory. I'm starting to wish I had just bought all my
>parts at once.

I compiled half a month ago an kernel on thsi pc(166Mhz 32MB ram) I
you could beleiev me that it takes longer then 10 min (it takes half a day).
And no problem. No errors. Mhhm I buyd a new motherboard and a chip
at ebay now I wait until they resieved. But I didn´t buy it only
because asterisk don´t compile, I think 166Mhz is not very fast and
next week I´ve got 650 MHz for my router. And then we´ll see.

Greets

Maruu