[Asterisk-Users] RE: E164 updater Client

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Thu Apr 29 22:57:07 MST 2004

Gary wrote:

> this really is starting to sound more like a dynamic dns service...

Considering enum.164 is designed to run from dns :)

> I haven't had time to play with the e164 stuff, but the biggest problem
> I see, it shouldn't it be recursive to some degree ?

We're working on patches for asterisk, at present it can't handle more
then 1 NAPTR record... I have a proof of concept script I wrote pretty
quickly in PHP, it does work but an app_ would be more efficient...

http://e164.org/enum.phps

> Something like the 0500 type followme service we have in australia ??

Didn't Telstra withdraw that service due to lack of demand? (no doubt
cost was more a factor then anything else)

--
Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!