[Asterisk-Users] Same username on SIP & IAX?

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Thu Apr 29 11:47:39 MST 2004

Brian,

You can dial multiple technology/channel at the same time in the following
fashion:

Dial(SIP/bdarcy&Zap/5&IAX/bdarcy,30)

obviously you need to correctly format the tech/channel entries, but using
this manner you could ring both local and remote systems at the same time,
first to pick up gets the call.

-Chris

On 11:16 AM 4/29/2004, Brian D'Arcy wrote:
 >(Sorry for HTML formatting in previous message)
 >
 >Hello,
 >
 >In setting up * for my company's office and remote employees, I have a
 >question about how to log one username into * as either a SIP account, or
 >IAX account.  For example, we will be using SIP phones in the office locally
 >to the * server, however some employees travel, and want to use IAX (as it's
 >much friendlier with firewall/proxy setups than SIP) clients on their
 >notebooks.
 >
 >We have 100 DID numbers coming into our office, so having a seperate
 >extension for each user who travels is not really the preferred solution.
 >It's much easier to just hand out one phone number on your business cards...

<snip>