[Asterisk-Users] SIP DTMF signaling to VM

Lance Smith lsmith at emergent-netsolutions.com
Thu Apr 29 10:49:35 MST 2004

Erick,
THANKS, for the reply. Yes I set both the phone and * to the same, then did
a 'reload sip' on * and rebooted the phone.
Was still unable to get it to work with anything other than inband.
Have tried with a CISCO 7940, Grandstream B-100, and X-PRO. Have the same
thing with all three configurations. I did notice that both X-PRO and
Grandstream
renegotiated to inband during call setup and therefore looked like they were
working
until the only codec I allowed in sip.conf was 'allow=g729' then * started
producing
the error messages for them also.
It looks like once the RTP stream is set up * is only looking for ulaw and
alaw and
assuming inband to process digits. I am not positive about this and haven't
had time
to really go look into the code.
Been a really long time since I have done much C work:(
Lance