[Asterisk-Users] Start recording during call by pressing button sequence

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Thu Apr 29 08:24:43 MST 2004

Jason Penton wrote:

> Hi Vlad
>
> I would imagine that it is relatviely easy to code up using eagi. Within the
> eagi you have control over the audio streams so you can interpret any DTMF.
> You could start a recording sequence by pressing, for example *00#. When the
> eagi script recevieves this it can start recording the calls. You could
> probably even wait for the remote party to consent to recording of the call
> by pressing the same dtmf sequence and only then start recording.
>
> I am sure this possible and will take a look at it next week (that is of
> course if you don't look at it the meantime ;-) )
>
> Hope this helps a bit
> Jason

The quick and easy way that I implemented was adding the following
extension:

exten => **732,1,Answer()
exten => **732,2,agi,record.agi
exten => **732,3,Hangup()

If I want to record a call, I conference it up to extension **732.
Since I use a Cisco 7960, it is easy to do.  Just hit conf, dial **732
and then hit join and poof, I'm recording the call.

John