[Asterisk-Users] Lucent Phones

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 29 06:32:36 MST 2004

> I've only just picked up on this thread, and being responsible for
> engineering activities at Citel Technologies, I have a direct interest in
> some of the points being discussed.  For the purpose of this forum, I'll
> keep this response brief, but for anybody involved in actual business
> opportunities that Citel products may help with, please don't hesitate to
> contact me directly using the details below.

I reviewed your product for the Norstar phones and I have to ask what clear
advantage your solution gives me over purchasing a PRI and clocking card for
my Norstar Modular ICS system?

The product literature on your site states that I can remove my modular ICS,
buy a 3com NBX system and your card and plug all my phones into your card.
The NBX takes care of the VOIP.

I might be missing something, but I think I can get the same functionality and
probably more by keeping my existing Modular ICS and simply plugging it into
a T100P or TE405P.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Andrew