[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk goes international :-)

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Apr 29 02:09:24 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 10:02, Stephen Davies wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Matthias Cramer wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:43:38 +0200
> > Altus Snyman <altus at stormcorp.co.za> wrote:
> >
> > > So what do I have to do to add South-Africa to this list?
> > >

> > Curious Question: What is different about English and South African English? Or do you mean Africaans?
>
> Jislaaik, man, I skim you've never heard someone tuning you with lank
> Sarfeffrican slang!
>
> More seriously, South Africa has 11 (is it) official languages.  Main
> ones are English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, Sotho.

As far as I can remember - I have never come across an auto-attendant
system or voice-mail system in South Africa that has spoken anything
except English. I have come across private answering machines where
Afrikaaners had left announcements in Afrikaans - but thats about it.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE