[Asterisk-Users] Skinny protocol documentation

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Wed Apr 28 07:09:54 MST 2004

G'day,

I have used chan_sccp on 7960s with few problems.  I used nothing other
than the supplied sccp.conf as a basis for my configuration.  The phone
functions like Hold and Conference are probably not functional, but I
worked around this with Asterisk's own alternatives.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Andre Normandin wrote:

> I cannot hear the conversation from the cisco to the other end.. I can hear
> the other end on the cisco, but no audio the other direction..

I'd suggest running this down as a general one-way audio problem, rather
than something to do with SCCP in particular.  There's plenty of
information in the archives to help, but it usually involves a friendly
network analyser (ethereal).

One potential problem though: if your * has multiple network interfaces
(or alias IP addresses), you may be being bitten by the lack of a
"bindaddr" configuration parameter.  In one installation I had to patch
chan_sccp to do this, as the SDP data during call setup was indicating the
wrong IP address for one group of phones that were on a network that could
not route to the address chan_sccp chose.  Result: one-way audio...

Cheers,
Vic Cross