[Asterisk-Users] POTS fail-over?

Matt McIntyre mamcinty at uncg.edu
Tue Apr 27 18:25:50 MST 2004

I would just go with your first idea. Just find a cheap low current
mechanical relay with two sets of poles in normally closed and normally
open positions. Use your wall wart to energize the coil when power is
available. Wire it so that your "emergency phone" is tied to the CO in
the normally closed position so when the power fails and the relay coil
is not energized, the phone will be switched from being connected to the
Asterisk box and be directly connected to the CO line.

Matt