[Asterisk-Users] Re: multiple instances of asterisk spawning

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 14:42:41 MST 2004

In article <D6CC23E9-9886-11D8-A197-000393B0A472 at kokinos.com>,
Steven Kokinos <steve at kokinos.com> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2004, at 2:22 PM, Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> > Link to google... http://tinyurl.com/38fdu
> > Look closely at the search terms that will show up when you get there.
> > When I search with those terms, I see over half of the first page with
> > subjects pertaining to thread safe and reentrant functions. This should
> > be the flaming blue clue hammer that lights the way.
>
> Fair enough. Since it hadn't appeared to be multi-threaded in the past
> I was thinking more along the lines of runaway process than anything
> else. Point taken.

On a system where Asterisk does not "appear" to be multi-threaded, you
may well find that adding -m to the ps command shows the other threads.

Perhaps the difference is down to whether the kernel has NPTL (Native
Posix Thread Library?) or not. The stock Fedora kernels do.

Cheers,
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield