[Asterisk-Users] Re: multiple instances of asterisk spawning

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Tue Apr 27 11:50:22 MST 2004

Jody Rudolph wrote:

> I just subscribed to this list today because the company I work for is
> thinking of using Asterisk and I wanted to hear some opinions of actual
> Asterisk users. I will be promptly removing myself from this flame war list.
> I'd hate to think I might be responsible for someone's "activities to
> relieve that annoyance" I might create because I wasn't born on this list.

Jody,

Don't take the flaming too seriously. Just pick out the useful bits and
let the rest go by. Actually, I think that most of us actually come to
enjoy the flames for their entertainment value. I sometimes wonder if
some of the flamers aren't actually paid to keep the list lively. Once
or twice I was tempted to ask a really stupid question just to start up
a flame - but common sense and restraint got the better of me. In any
case, try to hang in there. You really will benefit from reading the
comments on the list.

Stephen R. Besch