[Asterisk-Users] Hookflash woes

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Apr 27 11:39:59 MST 2004

I wonder if I'm the only one whose customers are having trouble with
hookflash on their TDMXXX cards.

The problematic situation of record for us is a user who is on a call,
and then wants to do one of two things:

	Hang up that call and take another one coming in
	Hang up that call and make another new call

What happens is that instead of seeing the event as a hangup, asterisk
perceives it as a hookflash, and in both cases the result is the same:
the original call is then placed on hold, with various nefarious results.

I am looking to tweak some things in the source code, but to be honest,
I'd almost be satisfied with completely disabling this feature as it has
been the consistent and primary cause of frustration with asterisk on
the part of virtually every person I work with who has Zap FXS channels
in use.

Looking to see if my misery has company or whether I'm the only one
battling this.

Thx.

B.