[Asterisk-Users] e164.org proudly announces PSTN support

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Tue Apr 27 08:53:00 MST 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:39:01PM +1000, Duane wrote:

> e164.org is a public name service which provides ENUM.164, a method
> devised by the IETF and ITU to allow an ordinary telephone to be
> connected to an Internet type network and provided dialling service from
> other, regular telephones.
>
> Unlike many other "free" voice over IP systems, e164.org allows users
> who have a regular telephone line, to also hook themselves up to the
> Internet without intervention from their regular telephone service
> provider while still using their "plain old telephone" number instead of
> a web, IP or some other address.

Do you have any plans to support large blocks of numbers ? We have
blocks of (real, PSTN) hundreds, sometimes thousands of numbers we may
want to add to some ENUM system, and of course, automatic call back on
each number is not really the best way to do it.

I believe that most VoIP gateway operators are in the same situation.

Maybe an email robot that could handle "trusted" allocation requests
from providers, coupled with a regular (yearly) update process,
requiring the provider to explicitely confirm its current allocation ?

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive