[Asterisk-Users] e164.org proudly announces PSTN support

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Tue Apr 27 08:13:00 MST 2004

Chris Stenton wrote:
> Does e164.org include toll free number routing such as provided by
> freenum.org?

At this very exact moment in time... No...

Our goal wasn't to compete with existing services, they quite nicely
fill a role and we fill a role that no one was currently filling...

To an extent distributed enum systems will help keep systems
responsive... So far we have 9 name servers running across the globe,
but this obviously wouldn't cope with a few billion phone number
requests a second...

--
Best regards,
  Duane