[Asterisk-Users] g729 licence

XeloQ Communications tjapko at xeloq.com
Mon Apr 26 17:03:02 MST 2004

Hello list I need your advice,

There is something not very clear regarding the g729 licensing to me.

oN 1 BOX I use asterisk without any digium or other hardware like a good
working pro PBX for H323 VoIP traffic.

My endpoints have hardware G723.1 and G729 codecs included that the
manufacturer paid the license for.

So , I am allowed to use G729 and or G723.1 because the manufacturer paid
for the license  but I need to switch to g711. :-(

But.... when I use asterisk like a switchpanel between h323 endpoints I did
read somewhere that "inzone" connecting of g729 codec was supported. (SIP)

Whatever I try asterisk does not allow me to use g729 between my H323
endpoints and asks for a codec to translate from g711 to g729.

Can somebody confirm this or show me how it would be possible to use my
legal g729 codec?

Tjapko.

---