[Asterisk-Users] Re: D/41 ESC dialogic ISA CARD

Raul M. Fragoso raulfragoso at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 16:55:15 MST 2004

In theory, you could route another voice resource to one of the analog
transmit (for playback) or receive (for record) timeslots, but you would
limit your 4 channels card to have only 2 channels available. For more
information, see the ag_listen() function in the Dialogic API documentation.

--
[]'s

Raul M. Fragoso

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.

But, in practice, there is."
"Steve Underwood" <steveu at coppice.org> wrote in message
news:408AAA45.60901 at coppice.org...
> Hi Scott,
>
> It cannot play and record at the same time. It can play audio and listen
> for DTMF. It can record audio while listening for DTMF. That is about
> its limit. Most Dialogic cards are like this. The newest JCT cards
> permit full duplex operation, but still have issues with excessive
> latency, when used for VoIP. Their duplex capability was added for
> speech recognition users, where latency is not a big issue.
>
> Regards,
> Steve
>

> Scott Stingel wrote:
>
> >Hi Steve-
> >
> >Out of curiosity, what do you mean by a "duplex card" in this context?
> >
> >Cheers
> >Scott
> >

> >Scott M. Stingel
> >President,