[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 using Skinny protocol

Andre Normandin anorman at superdata.com
Sun Apr 25 20:57:33 MST 2004

I just got a Cisco 7960. Of course, it has the Call Manager image on it, and
I don't have access to a SIP image. So, I read that Asterisk has 'some'
support for the skinny protocol.  I played around with it, and I actually
got the Cisco phone to display line 1 on it.

I can call another phone (SIP) from the cisco, but I cannot hear on the
other phone. The cisco, however, can hear the audio from the other phone.

If I call the cisco from another extension (SIP) however I cannot answer the
call.. I pick up the cisco, and the cicso indicates off hook properly,
however the other extension is still ringing.  If I hang up the cisco, I
immediatly get a fast busy on the extension that is ringing.

Any ideas?

 - Thanks,
           Andre