[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream Budgetone G723, G729 or any compression

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 12:12:39 MST 2004

In article <37821.64.35.172.33.1082918633.squirrel at mail.fmctel.com>,
 <charles at fmctel.com> wrote:
> Hi, does anybody made G723 or G729 to work with a GrandStream Phone ? I've
> a Cisco here and it works fine with G723, but not with my asterisk. The
> bandwitdh  is very important, since we will have our extensions at home. I
> know that I have what I pay, but the phone works with cisco.
>
> Trying to use G723 or G729 Asterisk says no codec available.
>
> Does anybody have it working with any compression ?

Asterisk doesn't have G.723 due to some licensing issues. G.729 is available
for Asterisk, but is supplied separately and subject to a licence fee.

I believe G.726 can be used between Grandstream and Asterisk, but haven't
yet tried it.

Grandstream will soon be releasing firmware that supports ILBC.

(Anyone seen it yet? 1.0.4.55 doesn't appear to have it)

Cheers,
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield