[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk configuration inside a DMZ w/SIP

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Apr 24 11:21:45 MST 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 18:39, Brian D'Arcy wrote:
> Hi Russ,

> On a side note, I tried IAX2 last night for the first time using
> IAXPHONE.  HOLY CRAP I'M IMPRESSED!!!  Everything just *works*, period.
> I might just use softphones until IAX hardphones are released and say
> screw SIP.

I'll second that :)

I've been messing with KPhone simply because I use KDE and KPhone matches the
rest of the eye candy, but KPhone wouldn't let me call anything outside, and
even after wresting with various NAT options, I drew a blank.

So I just downloaded the IaxComm binary from
http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/iaxcomm-lin-20040228.tar, ran it,
configured host/user/password - and that was it- outgoing calls worked a
charm, even with NAT :)

$iax2++ :)))

gdh