[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk configuration inside a DMZ w/SIP

Brian D'Arcy bdarcy at akiva.com
Sat Apr 24 10:39:29 MST 2004

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your feedback!  I hadn't received any other responses from
anyone, so I was starting to worry that I was one of the few having
these erratic issues.

I might ping Sonicwall, being a good customer and all, maybe I can get
some information out of them.  I've always liked using the sonicwall for
ease of use and administration (and reliability), since I'm overworked
as it is, but if I have to get rid of it to make this work, I'm not
against it.

On a side note, I tried IAX2 last night for the first time using
IAXPHONE.  HOLY CRAP I'M IMPRESSED!!!  Everything just *works*, period.
I might just use softphones until IAX hardphones are released and say
screw SIP.

If anyone else is having SIP nightmares and you have a flexible
deployment schedule, I highly recommend giving IAX a shot!!

Thanks again for the comments, Russ.

Brian D'Arcy