[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk configuration inside a DMZ w/SIP

Russ Beaupre, P.E. russ at botech.net
Sat Apr 24 05:31:55 MST 2004

Brian D'Arcy wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I’m having a nightmare of a time trying to get stable results with SIP
> clients on Asterisk.  I can’t seem to find a configuration that works!
> In our office, we run a Sonicwall Pro 200, which is a sip aware,
> stateful firewall.

We've discovered that certain versions of the sonic wall products do
strange things with SIP.   For example the TC170 with standard firmware
works fine (Public Asterisk, Polycom IP600 behind the Sonic wall).
Upgrade that box to the enhanced version and suddenly transfer and hold
stop working.

It's not just SIP, either.  SNTP on the IP600 through the Sonic Wall
gear changes the time by 10 hours.

These things have been reported to Sonic Wall, but no word on a patch.

-rb