[Asterisk-Users] zaprtc on 2.6

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Apr 23 15:39:26 MST 2004

The warning is harmless.  I built on the existing work for compiling
modules for 2.6, which required the source in linux-2.6 (which you
could mod in the makefile), but you also need for the makefile in
../zaptelrtc to setup the rest of the build environment.

Using the command make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules will
bypass the zaptelrtc makefile.

If you want to send me the output of the patch attempt, I can try to fix
it
up, but I don't see why it would fail against zaprtc 0.1 since I used
that for my base and diff.  Feel free to send the diff privately, as
I'm sure no-one here would be too interested.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Hamill [mailto:gdh at acentral.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 3:22 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] zaprtc on 2.6

On Friday 23 April 2004 22:58, Dan Austin wrote:
> I should add a small readme to the patch.  The 2.6 series build
process
> creates a symlink to identify the correct irq_vectors.h during the
build
> process then clears it once the build is complete.  I modified the
file
> ../include/asm/irq.h to have an absolute reference to irq_vectors.h to
> resolve those errors.

Ahhh I see now :)

For the list archives, I changed  /usr/src/linux/include/asm/irq.h line
16
from

#include "irq_vectors.h"
#include "mach-default/irq_vectors.h"

and now a simple 'make' compiles zaprtc.o and rtcsetup just fine :)

Now, I have a zaprtc.o, but not the .ko that 2.6 seems to like - I've
tried to
substitute the 'make modules' bit from your patch into:

eddie:/usr/src/zaptelrtc#  make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules
make: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.5'
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
*** Warning: Overriding SUBDIRS on the command line can cause
***          inconsistencies
make[1]: `arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s' is up to date.
  CHK     include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h
  Building modules, stage 2.
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.5'

And whilst this doesn't generate errors, it doesn't generate a zaprtc.ko

either :( Again, I'm at your mercy :)

Cheers,
Gavin.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: