[Asterisk-Users] zaprtc on 2.6

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Apr 23 14:58:46 MST 2004

I should add a small readme to the patch.  The 2.6 series build process
creates a symlink to identify the correct irq_vectors.h during the build
process then clears it once the build is complete.  I modified the file
../include/asm/irq.h to have an absolute reference to irq_vectors.h to
resolve those errors.

There has been a recent discussion on the kernel developers list about
out-of-tree modules and problems like this.  The top level kernel
makefile is being tweaked to eliminate these issues, but does not appear
that the changes will make it into 2.6.6.  So my process would be to
build the new kernel, modify the #include in irq.h and then build
zaprtc.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Hamill [mailto:gdh at acentral.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 2:45 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] zaprtc on 2.6

Hullo.

Having found http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000875 I
grabbed
the original 0.0.1 and Dan's patch, and whilst it didn't apply, I was
able to
patch the zaprtc.c manually - the Makefile has changed a lot, and I
wasn't
able to understand the changes.

(this is all on a machine that's never had any * on it before, and has a
2.6.5
kernel with a matching source tree in /usr/src/linux)

So I checked out zaptel and libpri, and these compiled perfectly, but
zaprtc
didn't go so well:

eddie:/usr/src/zaptelrtc# make
cc -c zaprtc.c -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB
-fomit-frame-pointer -O2
-Wall -I/usr/src/linux/include -I../zaptel -Wall
In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/irq.h:20,
                 from /usr/src/linux/include/asm/hardirq.h:6,
                 from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/interrupt.h:11,
                 from zaprtc.c:72:
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/irq.h:16: irq_vectors.h: No such file or
directory
make: *** [zaprtc.o] Error 1

Eek I'm a little out of my depth here with such involved kernel stuff -
I can
see irq_vectors.h in asm-i386 dirs of the kernel source, but Idon't know
what
I should do from here :(

Any takers?

Cheers,