[Asterisk-Users] call initiation

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Apr 23 14:22:08 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 15:36, Roger wrote:
> Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> >I'm assuming you mean asterisk when you say pbx,
> >
> Since this is the asterisk mailing list - yes.
>
> >and I am assuming you
> >mean SIP phones from the 'send' or 'dial' comment.
> >

> Yes.  That I should of specified.

Of course it would have also been important at this time to tell us what
kind of phones you have, brand/model/whatever.

> >This sounds like a problem with the dialplan in the individual phones.
> >So depending on what kind of phone you have, you will have to configure
> >it differently.
> >

> Outch configuration on a per phone - or per phone class would really stink.

This is the price you pay when you move the smarts closer to the edges
of the network. You don't wine too much about configuring your computer.
This is the reason why analog is still pretty cool, all the smarts are
centralized and centrally configured.

You may be able to host a centralized config file set that you can push
out to your SIP phones.