[Asterisk-Users] PSTN Call drops randomly

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Fri Apr 23 12:59:23 MST 2004

Shahid,

Looking below here are a few thoughts:

Why are you defining switchtype and signalling for a switch?  You don't
need these for an X100P card.

check your card make sure it's on it's own interrupt (/proc/interrupts)

add echotraining=1 with your other echo commands.

I had a problem like this previously that turned out to be an echo cancel
problem.  Still not sure where the problem was, but adding echotraining=1
fixed my problem.

-Chris

On 12:38 PM 4/23/2004, Shahid Mahmood wrote:
 >Dear List members,
 >After succesfully installing the * on a couple of systems, and putting
 >them on test, I observed that there is an intermittent call drop on
 >PSTN line.
 >
 >The systems are
 >- Dell Optiplex P3/500MHz/128MB
 >- Built-in ethernet
 >- 1 X100P (Motorolla chip) card on PCI
 >- 10G HDD etc.
 >- Asterisk April 17 CVS.
 >- 2 Mediatrix FXS ATA (4 phones)
 >- 2 Grandstream phones.
 >- sip.conf, zaptel.comnf and zapata.conf included below

<snip>

 >============= ../zaptel.conf (uncommented lines) =============
 >fxsks=1
 >loadzone = us