[Asterisk-Users] PSTN Call drops randomly

Alex Brett alex.brett at loho.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 12:45:58 MST 2004

Do you need the busy detect feature as this often can cause random drop
outs.

Try changing busydetect=yes to busydetect=no in zapata.conf.

Assuming that asterisk still works (i.e. it detects when people hang up
and when lines are busy (most lines will do it ok but some won't (e.g.
ntl cable in the UK from personal experience)) then that *should* solve
your problem, if not then something more serious is going on.

Shahid Mahmood wrote:
> Dear List members,
> After succesfully installing the * on a couple of systems, and putting
> them on test, I observed that there is an intermittent call drop on
> PSTN line.
>
> The systems are
> - Dell Optiplex P3/500MHz/128MB
> - Built-in ethernet
> - 1 X100P (Motorolla chip) card on PCI
> - 10G HDD etc.
> - Asterisk April 17 CVS.
> - 2 Mediatrix FXS ATA (4 phones)
> - 2 Grandstream phones.
> - sip.conf, zaptel.comnf and zapata.conf included below
>
> Also let me know what do I need to "turn on" to get fine details about
> the event when it happens.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards.
> -shahid