[Asterisk-Users] Cisco phones

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Fri Apr 23 09:39:03 MST 2004

Paul Tyreman wrote:

> I have bough a cisco phone on eBay to use with Asterisk, but according
> to that website, you need a contract with Cisco systems to upgrade the
> phone to work with SIP.
>
> I am guessing the phone that I get won't come with that as it was used
> with the cisco call manager software in the past.  Can I still use
> this phone with Asterisk, or have I waited my money ?

I believe that s correct - the phone comes using SCCP - you have to get
a SIP image.  The service contract on the phone costs 8 bucks a year.
One you upgrade the phone you'll know its SIP capable by the SIP in the
upper right hand corner of the display.

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                           815-968-9888 x101