[Asterisk-Users] Cisco phones

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Fri Apr 23 09:23:05 MST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Paul Tyreman wrote:

> I have three questions to ask about this:
> 1)   How do I know if my phone qualifies for a service contrct ?

When you (try to) buy your service contract, you will need to give the
model and serial number of the item you are trying to include into your
contract.
If the item qualifies, then you are "approved".
I had some problems adding mine. For some reason the contract was
made under the previous owner name. This was promptly solved, BTW!

> 2)   Where do I buy a service contract from ?

Any Cisco partner around the world:
http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/cpn/cpn_pub_bassrch.pl
(find a Service Provider)

> 3)  How will Cisco know that I have downloaded a image that I don't have
> a licence for ?

Every time you want to download an image, they will present you a
copyright notice and an agreement to be accepted. If you choose to
download that image, it is registered into their database and match
against your service contract. If you have a service contract for a 7960
SCCP and is downloading an image for a 12416 router you *MAY* get charged
for that...
*MAY* does not mean that you *will*. But don't complain if you receive an
invoice or a credit card charge billing for that download.