[Asterisk-Users] MP3 encoding of Monitor files

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Fri Apr 23 08:33:32 MST 2004

I have having problems trying to take a file recorded with Monitor and
convert it to MP3. When I use 'play' to play the .wav file, it sounds
fine. After bladenc'ing it, it plays at lightening speed, and the voices
are all high pitch. I tried using sox to resample to 32000 before
encoding, but that didnt work either. Do any of you convert your .wav
files to mp3?

Monitor call:

Monitor(wav|test)

'file' output:

test.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit,
mono 8000 Hz

Sox resample:

sox test.wav -r 32000 newtest.wav

Bladeenc call:

bladeenc newtest.wav newtest.mp3

mpg123 newtest.mp3 # sounds like Im listening in fast-forward mode...

Any suggestions on how I can get mp3 versions of files produced by
Monitor?