[Asterisk-Users] Cisco phones

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Apr 23 06:33:07 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 03:12, Paul Tyreman wrote:
> Why is there such a variation in price between what the two of you
> have paid to get the SIP image for a 7960 phone ?  $8 would be
> acceptable, but I don't want to have to pay $105 !

The $8 service contract gives you access to the Cisco software images,
but you are NOT licensed for these images.  The $105 is for buying the
actual SIP license.  In the summary, the $8 service contract lets you
pirate the SIP image, the $105 lets you buy a SIP image license and a
CD(?) with the software on it.

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows