[Asterisk-Users] Very basic questions

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Thu Apr 22 07:52:45 MST 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Laurent BURGY waxed:

> Hi,
> I am new in asterisk and i've bought a X100p and a TDM400...

First, you are probably eligible for support from digium
directly if you bought the hardware from them.

> First of all, how can i verify my config files ?

You could try attaching them to the email so people can take
a look.  zapata.conf, zaptel.conf, extensions.conf,
indications.conf are probably the minimum that you need to
alter.

> Secondly, when i'm trying to pass a call to the outside, i ve a Notice
> about appdial.c (l 554) telling me: unable to create channel of type Zap
> ...and i don't understand...

That's a problem, but possibly for lots of reasons.  No
zaptel kernel module, no asterisk driver, bad extensions.conf format, etc.

> Finally, when i plug my analog phones in RJ45 of my TDM400, there is no
> tonality ( i'm not sure that it is the right word in english , but i
> can't hear any tut-tut or any noise...) ...

Did you compile the kernel modules in the zaptel source
directory for that card ?  What does lsmod show you ?

> Maybe, it's obvious but i can't succeed...

No, it's still quite difficult, especially if english is not
your first language.  I am completely unaware of any
non-english documentation.

Good luck,
--Chris

--