[Asterisk-Users] weird IAX2 things going on

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Wed Apr 21 15:31:17 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have 3 * boxes all running the same OS and software version. Machine A
has an X100P card, machines B and C do not. They all have the same
dialplan.

I can dial from machine A to either of the other 2 with no problem. I can
dial from either of the other 2 to machine A with no problem. I cannot
dial from B to C or vice versa.

What's really wierd is that I can dial from machine B through machine A to
machine C. The IAX2 session then drops machine A from the picture and
continues directly between B and C. The same happens in reverse.

Why can I not dial directly from B to C? Do B and C require X100P cards
before IAX2 will work correctly? I don't think this is the case because
the call can be passed to them after it has been setup via A.

Its really bugging me. Any ideas?

G7LTT/KC2ENI
Mark Phillips