[Asterisk-Users] TE410P zaptel Driver Situation

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Wed Apr 21 13:40:40 MST 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 01:17:23PM -0700, Scott Stingel wrote:

> >Dear Scott
> 	the "reject" warning is a bug? I must put in bug track?
> >Thanks in advance
> >Dimitri
>
> No, not a bug I don't think.  A warning that the framer driver was not able
> to keep up with the PRI bit stream.

Zaptel hardware handles HDLC framing in software. Thus, if for some
reason a Zaptel frame (8 bytes) is lost, a full HDLC frame will be
lost, and it will be detected on the next one, thus the error
message.

The main reason it can happen is probably because of the server
load. The driver can't poll the zaptel device fast enough. However,
it's not clear to me how it can happen on busmaster devices such as
T405P and T410P. Maybe a double buffering issue, or PCI bus load. Or
maybe an interrupt fault; the Zaptel hardware provides a kHz interrupt
to the driver for polling, and an interrupt might get lost
(particularly if the IRQ line is shared). However, it seems to be
detected by the driver (and it should print a warning).

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive