[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7970

Jim Chatlos jchatlos at magyar.ws
Tue Apr 20 14:43:32 MST 2004

I currently have two Cisco phones, a 7960 and 7970.  The 7960 has a SIP OS
on it and the 7970 has a SCCP.

When the 7960 powers up it loads OS79XX.TXT, SIPDefault.cnf,
SIP000E3875266C.cnf, RINGLIST.DAT, and dialplan.xml.  I have a Cisco
SmartNet agreement with the phone so I have access to download the firmware.

I recently purchased a Cisco 7970 phone and was in the process of
configuring it.  I was having problems so Cisco suggested that I do a
factory reset.  Now the phone won’t boot at all.  I noticed that when the
phone contacts the TFTP server it is trying to download term70.default.loads
file which I believe is the firmware load that is required for the phone to
load after a factory reset.  I was able to download all of the 7969 files
from Cisco and uncompress them and put them into the TFTP directory but the
7970 files are in a different format and require CallManager to uncompress
them and put them into the TFTP directory.

If possible I need to get a copy of term70.default.loads form someone’s TFTP
server.

Regards,

Jim Chatlos
Csak azt kell, amit ha nem csinálsz, megdöglesz.