[Asterisk-Users] Re: Auto Answering PSTN --> Asterisk using X 100PCard

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Apr 21 11:09:42 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 18:07, sshaikh at languageline.com wrote:
> worked came to one ring only now. Thank you very much. If I use TE410 or
> TE405 instead of X100P. do it make that first ring disappear?

Excuse me if already answered, but broken threads means I don't know
till I am done reading all my mail if it was answered.

If you go to a digital interface that is ISDN based like most E1
circuits and PRI on T1, then you can even make the first ring disappear.
This is because signalling is done in the D channel as part of the
endpoints negotiating which B channel to place the call through on.

If you are on a channelized T1 though, you are just using digital
versions of analog signalling, and the first ring may still be required
depending on the signalling type.