[Asterisk-Users] Help choosing a UK IAX provider

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 21 08:04:46 MST 2004

Steve Kennedy wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:24:06PM +0100, Craig Waddington wrote:
>

>>Currently using voiptalk.org and the quality is getting really bad.
>>I would like a second provider preferably in UK, anyone got any suggestions?
>>

>That's the trouble with running VoIP over contended "public" Internet.
>Find someone who can offer you connectivity with QoS and then has QoS
>across their network for VoIP traffic.
>
>Or find someone with infinite bandwidth.
>

>Steve

QoS on the internet!! That will be the day.. I can see it now, all the
P2P software will set their programs to run with maximum priority and
then publish that they have the fastest system..

I know BT is thinking about creating QoS facilities on the DSL but its
not available yet and will cost extra..