[Asterisk-Users] Repeated Notice: (UN/REACHABLE)

Tue Apr 20 23:28:38 MST 2004

Should this actually attempt more than a single ping before claiming the
remote is unreachable?
ie, one packet (out of the two - one request + one reply) might be lost
or intermittent congestion might be involved.

Perhaps a config option for setting number of consecutive ping requests
are un-responsive. Also, subsequent requests might be sooner than
otherwise queued.

ie, successfully answered probes are re-sent every 60 seconds, while
after an un-successful probe, we re-send the next probe in 10
seconds....

Just my 0.02c worth....