[Asterisk-Users] Playback problems with T100P

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Apr 19 13:22:14 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:59, Eric Einhorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing a problem when calling into my Asterisk server from a T100P
> with PRI signalling.  I'm hoping someone has seen this as well, however,
> it's a little hard to explain.
>
> When I'm navigating through Asterisk on an inbound call from the PSTN,
> I'm getting a random 'noise' during the playback of sound files.  The
> best way I can describe this noise, is imagining a windows machine
> crashing while it's playing back PCM.  The sound card holds onto the
> last few milliseconds of data in it's buffer and plays it in a loop,
> creating a (rather painful to the ears) tone.  Another analogy is the
> age old "pulling out an Atari cartridge" sound.
>
> The noise lasts for 2 or 3 seconds ceases.  The sound playback continues
> afterwards and was never interrupted, or stopped, for the duration of
> this noise.  As stated above, this happens at random.
>
> I've tested the line myself with a berd and I have no errors or slips.
> I've ruled that part out.
>
> I'm not sure if the problem is related to the T100P itself, or if it's
> caused by the PC hardware, OS, or Asterisk.  I'd like to rule as much
> out as I can before calling Digium about the hardware.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

You've done a great job describing your problem with the exception of
documenting all the hardware in the system and software versions. As a
way of eliminating some of the questionable parts, you must enumerate
that part of your setup. Also, where is your T100P pointing to, telco,
pbx, or some other hardware?