[Asterisk-Users] Intel 536ep as a FXO?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Apr 18 08:31:05 MST 2004

> P.S. and you'll have free installation support from
> digium and a rock solid hw made for asterisk.

I have and use the X100/101P, TDM400P, T100P, TE410P and TE405P from Digium.

Only a Digium zealot would call the X100/X101P 'rock solid hw' -- Digium is
reselling a generic WinModem for these cards and they are simply not good
hardware.  I love the other cards to death -- they are solid and stable and
Just Work<tm>, but please don't blindly endorse anything that comes out with
a Digium stamp on it -- you're only decreasing the value of Digium's name.

They needed a cheap FXO interface for the masses and for now, that's what we
have.  It's certainly not a good solution, but it is *a* solution.

I am eagerly awaiting proper stocking of the IAXy and an FCC-certified FXO
module for the TDM400P -- I think those should be Digium's flagship products,
not a rebranded craptastic WinModem.

Regards,
Andrew