[Asterisk-Users] SIP incoming distinctive ring

Thomas B. Clark digium at clark.durham.nc.us
Sat Apr 17 11:39:06 MST 2004

I now have a virtual number in addition to my main number from
broadvoice.  Enabling distinctive ring in their portal results in the
following SIP header being received:

Alert-Info: <http://127.0.0.1/Bellcore-dr3>

It looks like Asterisk has the ability to generate an outgoing
Alert-Info header (actually Alert-info, not sure if it makes a
difference), but does not understand incoming headers.

I cannot find any discussion of such a feature. Would there be any other
interest in it?

Alternatively, if there were any way to read the headers into variables
from within Asterisk, I could then use that information to make
decisions within extensions.conf. Is there some way to do this that I'm
not thinking of?