[Asterisk-Users] Problem with x-ten lite

Alex Brett alex.brett at loho.co.uk
Sat Apr 17 03:47:24 MST 2004

The problem could be to do with the silence surpression feature in X-ten
Lite.  If you go into Advanced System Settings, Audio Settings, Silence
Settings, you should have Transmit Silence set to Yes as Asterisk has a
compatibility issue with the way it tries to surpress transmitting the
silence (or at least it did when I first used it and I'm assuming it
still does, if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me...).

Shad Mortazavi wrote:
> I prefer the look and feel of the x-ten lite. However, when ever I use
> my x-ten lite I get a lot of breakup in my communication.
>

> E.g. I will play some hold music, and every 5-6 seconds I drop some
> packets. I don’t have the same issue with SJPhone.
>

> I’m sure this is a configuration issues, but I can work out where?
>

> Can someone point me in the right directions?
>

> Thanks and Regards
>

> Shad Mortazavi

> **Nexus Technical Manager**
>
> n|m Nexus Management Inc