[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem - FIXED plus new question

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Apr 16 08:57:13 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 10:46, Ryan Thrash wrote:
> First, check zapata.conf to see what is in there. Next, I've not heard
> of any luck with the name portion on T1s, but the number can be changed
> for us.

The name portion is no problem if you are on a PRI. I personally have
had fun spoofing the callerid during some prank calls to my friends.

In a channelized T1 like is mentioned below though, you don't have
enough signaling to specify it. FATIK, you can oply specify the outgoing
digits via some prearranged length and protocol similar to callerid and
dnis on inbound calls. I'm not sure if asterisk supports this on
channelized T1.