[Asterisk-Users] Strange T1 Problem - FIXED plus new question

Mike Machado mike at homelandtel.com
Fri Apr 16 08:30:29 MST 2004

> You can usually get CLI on an E&M robbed bit T1 by configuring it right.
> Instead of just sending you the DNIS as a string of DTMF they usually
> send *<cli>*<dnis>*. The DNIS and CLI may be swapped, and there may be
> less than 3 *s in the string - wonderful consistency, eh? :-\

I am getting CallerID and DNIS on the inbound calls. What I really need
is to be able to set callerID on outbound calls. I am trying to set the
callerid using SetCIDNum just before using Dial on a zap channel, but it
looks like the switch guys have it set to always stamp the same callerID
on the my outbound calls no matter what I put in SetCIDNum or what
channel on the T1 I use. Is this a misconfiguration of the switch or a
limitation of the signaling protocol? If its the switch, can you give me
any pointers as to what I could ask them to look for, or if its the
protocol, do you know any other signaling protocol that lets me set
outbound callerID (besides PRI)?