[Asterisk-Users] Interrupting Dial / Qwest-like transfers

Ryan Parlee listbox at jesca.com
Thu Apr 15 23:15:07 MST 2004

1) This should be really easy, but I can't seem to get it working;  I want
the caller to be able to dial an extension while Asterisk is doing a Dial
command. Is this possible?

2) While I'm at it...has anyone called Qwest lately?  When they transfer
you, they can stay on the line the entire time, listen with you while it
rings, then when it says "Press 1 for XXX", then they can dial it for you,
talk to whoever answers and say "I've got Ryan on the line and needs
[whatever]", then leave the conversation and let you talk to the new person.
This whole time you're able to sit and listen to what's going on or chat
with the first person that's doing all this work for you.  Is this possible
with Asterisk?!

Thanks,
Ryan